New Year. 2014. Whoop-edee-doo!
No, truly I’m excited for the year, just like I was excited for last year. 2013 had a lot going on. Here’s a sample of my year:
* Retained agent (yay! I’m still repped!)
* Went on about 12 pitch meetings for a project, which ultimately didn’t sell
* Went on about 10 general meetings with people/companies which read our scripts and liked them.
* Had one staffing meeting, which, did not result in staffing, but hey. Progress!
* Boss has two tv show projects going, one of which has been announced, another which hasn’t. So that’s two shots at potential future employment!
* Began developing a web series with my sister and writing partner Julie for an established brand. Watch this space.
* Completed writing a multi-platform series (for money!) with Bernie Su though it is clinically dead right now.
* Completed two new spec pilots, started a third.
So, it’s been a hell of a year! A lot accomplished, but yet, it feels like we are back to running the race — staffing looms, so we have the new pilot to finish, and of course other projects we are dying to write. And here I am, after trying to get the old blog restarted in September/October trying to figure out if I can try, try again.
What choice do I have? Shut it down? Perish the thought…
How’s your 2014 outlook?
Posted under writing
This post was written by Shawna on January 12, 2014