2/13 Lots of Updates!
Here are the tidbits being posted around the web on various sites and in notes I’ve gotten from people ‘in the know’:
* UPDATE: Shark is going back into production for four episodes, return date TBD. “The Unit” is still on hiatus.
* Cane is also a bubble show — no requests for episodes from them, but pickup is still a possibility.
* The New Adventures of Old Christine and Rules of Engagement – also unknown if they will be picked up for next season — bubble. UPDATE: Rules of Engagement will produce 6 more episodes for this season, return date is April 14.
* Moonlight might get 4 new episodes this spring,and will return to the schedule on April 11.
* Swingtown will go back into production. Air date is TBD.
* How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men each get 9 new episodes. All will return on March 17.
Other CBS shows, episodes ordered and return to air date:
“CSI: Miami,” March 24, 8 episodes
“Cold Case,” March 30, 5 episodes
“Criminal Minds,” April 2, 7 episodes
“CSI: NY,” April 2, 7 episodes
“CSI,” April 3, 6 episodes
“Without a Trace,” April 3, 6 episodes
“Ghost Whisperer,” April 4, 6 episodes
“Numb3rs,” April 4, 6 episodes
“NCIS,” April 8, 7 episodes
* Word is that Prison Break won’t shoot more episodes.
* Also rumor that 24 might get pushed to January 2009!! UPDATE: Still hearing this.
* House will push out 5 or 6 more episodes, and Fox isn’t afraid to extend their spring season a bit to accommodate past May sweeps.
* Back to You and ‘Til Death are expected to go back into production for a few more episodes this season.
* Chuck and Heroes will likely not produce any more episodes this season, but will return in the fall. No word on whether additional episodes will be tacked on to next season (this may happen to some shows being cut short this season).
* The Office and 30 Rock are expected to resume production.
* Lost will probably only eke out another 6 episodes or so. There were supposed to be 16 for the shortened seasons, so a few episodes may get added to the next two seasons, making them 17 or 18 episode seasons to accommodate the story-telling (still speculative)
* Boston Legal is expected to resume production, and may be quickest back to air with new episodes, as apparently David Kelley works really fast cranking out scripts (hat tip: Hollywood Reporter for several of these items)
* Women’s Murder Club is really on the bubble. Three executive producers were let go from the show yesterday. Big Shots looks really dead.
* Gossip Girl has already been picked up for next season. No word yet on production schedule (though probably won’t have new episodes until fall).
* Girlfriends was aired its last original episode, but no more are expected to be produced since this was the show’s final season. There is talk of a final episode — possibly a clip show — to give the show a proper send off (will add this cancellation to watch list).
* Aliens in America had already shot 18 episodes, likely won’t get more produced for spring. Everybody Hates Chris produced their 22-episode order, and both series still have fresh episodes to be aired. The Game is expected to go back into production for a few episodes.
* Smallville, Supernatural, Reaper and One Tree Hill are expected to go back into production. No word on how many episodes will be produced.
Will update rumors/confirm news as it happens.
Posted under Uncategorized
This post was written by Shawna on February 13, 2008